The IS&S Flat Panel Display System (FPDS) is an easily installed cockpit upgrade for the C-130 aircraft. The Primary Flight and navigation Displays are designed to replace the existing EADI and EHSI display, altimeter, airspeed, and vertical speed indicators. The Engine Instrument Display System (EIDS) is designed specifically as a low-cost upgrade of the C-130 engine instrument cluster, replacing primary and secondary engine indicators.
This easily retrofitted replacement system is compatible with the existing cockpit configuration. It provides all existing primary flight, navigation, engine related parameters, hydraulic indication, and flap and trim position indicators using six (6) AMLCD (Active Matrix Liquid Crystal Displays. LRUs are reduced from 41 to 6 and components from 73 to 13.
- TSO approved
- Improved Dispatch Reliability
- Component Count Reduced by 60 (80%)
- Significant Weight and Power Savings
- Minimal Changes to Existing Aircraft Wiring
- Adaptable to Future Requirements
- NVIS Compliant
- High Resolution Display with Integral High Performance Symbol Generator
- Full Aircraft Systems Graphics
- AOA, RNP/ANP, CNS/ATM, CPDLC capability
- Coupled WAAS LPV Approach and RNP to 0.1 n
- RMU with auto-tuning
- Patented zoom feature essential with complex display formats