B737 Flight Deck Upgrade
Upgrading a cockpit is an economical way to extend an aircraft’s life, increase its residual value and bring efficiency and safety benefits to every day operations. Innovative Solutions & Support’s Cockpit/IP® Flat Panel Display System (FPDS) is an easily installed upgrade for owners and operators of Boeing’s Classic B737-300, -400, -500 aircraft. The system is designed to replace the legacy EFIS, reducing component count while using EFIS wiring. The FPDS unique design provides fuel savings through power and weight reduction, can reduce delays and cancellations through increased dispatch reliability (10-Day non-ETOPS) and provides enabling technology for future capabilities ensuring a state-of-the-art flight deck.
The IS&S Cockpit/IP consists of a pilot and copilot Primary Flight Display/Multifunction Display (PFD/MFD) suite, containing four (4) 6” x 8” Display Units (DU) and two (2) Display Control Panels (DCP) located in the center pedestal and two (2) 6 MCU Data Concentrator Units (DCU) installed in the electronics bay. By eliminating a number of older or obsolete components the Cockpit/IP, designed to support existing aircraft wiring, provides simplicity and flexibility allowing aircraft to be retrofitted within the window of a routine maintenance visit.
- ADS-B, RNP and CPDLC capable
- Cross-side source selection
- Designed for minimal downtime during installation
- Fully redundant system with fault tolerant dispatchability
- Moving Map with satellite weather graphics
- Available Turn-key package provided with panels, harnesses, and equipment
- High resolution displays with LED backlighting
- Upgradable to NextGen and SESAR requirements